Mali Market Systems Activity
CNFA is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in the design and implementation of sustainable, enterprise-based agrarian initiatives. We work with businesses, foundations, governments, and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity, and improve access to inputs and financing in 47 countries worldwide.
The USAID-funded Mali Market Systems Activity, Sugu Yiriwa (“agricultural market” in Bambara), is a five - year project, starting in early 2021 and implemented by CNFA. Sugu Yiriwa aims to empower private and public market actors across the market system in 46 communes in the Sikasso sub-zone to affect sustainable, systemic change. Sugu Yiriwa interventions will address constraints to and foster beneficial relationships across the market system, transforming it from fragmented and informal to vibrant, organized, and inclusive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direct supervision of the Senior Accountant (and/or Director of Finance and Administration), Sugu Yiriwa Accountant will perform duties, including but not limited to:
- Monitor expenses, financial reports and management accounts under the responsibility of the Senior Accountant;
- Provide daily support to the processing of Accounting and Financial data;
- Ensure the daily entry of project accounting data into the QuickBooks, Excel or Deltek CostPoint software;
- Perform petty cash checks at the Sikasso office;
- Support scanning of accounting documents for uploading to QuickBooks/CostPoint;
- Check the accuracy of accounting documents received before entering into the software;
- Enter Sugu Yiriwa expenditure payments into the platform and submit them to the Senior Accountant for review;
- Ensure the availability of all accounting documents (pro forma, procurement files, purchase orders, agreements, contracts, attendance lists, etc) before processing invoices;
- Verify that payments, amounts and payment records are correct;
- Provide support to consolidate staff advance accounts;
- Support the accountants of the subawardees in the preparation and transmission of their financial reports and other accounting documents in a timely manner;
- Perform any other task entrusted to him/her by his/her supervisor or the Chief of Party.
- Three (3) years of experience in accounting, preferably in a USAID funded projects in Mali;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, and/or other accounting software is required; Experience in Deltek CostPoint is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced proficiency in Excel is required (Lookups, Pivot Table level);
- Degree in accounting or other relevant fields;
- Written and oral English and French fluency;
- Deep understanding of the Mali context.
To apply for the position, please submit your detailed CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
This position is open to Malian Nationals or Residents of Mali only.