PROGRAM MANAGER – Mali
The Program Manager is responsible for managing the program and local office of Zakat Foundation in Bamako, Mali, working closely with the Program Department at the US Head Office. The Program Manager oversees and manages programs to ensure program quality and financial transparency and stewardship of donor funds.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Country Representative and also the Programs Director and regularly communicate with Zakat Foundation of America offices, develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations. Moreover, the Program Manager in collaboration with the Program Department will develop, and manage ZF programs and initiatives locally in response to identified needs.
This position requires the ability to manage and directly supervise a small but growing staff locally, and the experience of managing humanitarian and developmental programs and funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and implement ZF programs, ensuring compliance with ZF policies and regulations;
- Coordinate communication between main office and all program partners, via phone & email, establishing systematic and timely reporting, dissemination of information, and analysis as needed.
- Develop, implement and deliver agreed budgets, policies and plans to ZF Programs Department
- Implement agreed upon long-term goals and benchmarks to measure the relative success of programs.
- Oversee programs activities and logistics in accordance with the mission and goals of ZF
- Develop and foster a partnership with local government, non-government and relevant private entities to encourage coordination and leverage capacities;
- Work with the Programs Department to develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of ZF programs in Bamako;
- Ensure that a mechanism is put in place for monitoring and evaluation of the programs and to identify areas for improvement;
- Work with the Programs department and provide input and necessary information for developing funding proposals for ZF programs Ensure that approved country program activities are carried out within established time frame and approved budget;
- Recommend actions that would improve programmatic and operational capacity of ZF staff;
- Ensure and pursue strict financial transparency of ZF in Mali to include maintaining records of funds used, receipts, and audit information etc.
- Regularly communicate with the Programs department to provide program updates for ZF programs and confer on program decisions;
- Manage the recruitment process for hiring staff for ZF Mali office in consultation with the HR department and Programs Department at the Head Office;
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of ZF;
- Ensure that all staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and programs;
- Identify the developmental needs of staff, coach, mentor, and support staff to improve their knowledge or skills;
- Oversee the development of annual budgets and work plans meeting the timeline and other requirements as communicated by ZF HQ;
- Ensure timely and good quality reporting of ZF programs and expenses on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for monitoring security situations that would endanger ZF staff and property, should report important findings immediately to head office
- Develop and implement emergency response policies and action plans.
- incumbent may be required to travel outside of duty station to monitor and exercise oversight over sub-regional programme implementation
- Advanced University Degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, Public Health, Social Sciences or other relevant fields of study.
- Minimum 7 years of professional working experience including at least 3 years of experience in the field involving project/program management as well as multi-partner co-ordination in post-conflict and/or post-natural disaster settings.
- Experience in conducting needs assessments and program design.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of Public or Community Health will be an asset.
- Official language is French, Fluency in English is a requirement, a good command of Arabic language would be an asset.
- Experience in direct administration of programs and budgets.
- Knowledge of programs and issues in the field of development preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral communication skills required
- Exceptional ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- As a representative of Zakat Foundation of America, the candidate must have strong ethical standards and child safe guardian standards to assure honest, timely and responsible dealings in all meetings, interactions, travel and any other activity conducted as the Zakat Foundation of America Program manager.
- Position requires frequent and regular phone and computer use including email, internet, and Skype communication.
- Position requires candidate to be currently living in Bamako, Mali
- Activities are carried out in selected neighboring countries, the holder of the position may be required to oversee activities in neighboring countries. This entails occasional travels outside duty station.
- Workplace is smoke-free and drug-free environment.
- ZF is an Equal opportunity employer
- Submit a cover letter describing your interest in this position, résumé, and salary requirements.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Email applications to [email protected] and [email protected] with PROGRAM MANAGER–YOURLASTNAME in the subject
- No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.
- Application close 19 March 2021