Le Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali recrute le personnel ci-après pour son programme :
Deputy Chief of Party du Projet MGD/FFE 4
Les dossiers de candidature comportant un curriculum vitae détaillé, une lettre de motivation, un casier judiciaire en cours de validité (n’est obligatoire qu’une fois retenu au poste) et les contacts de trois personnes de références, dont celle du dernier emploi, doivent parvenir au plus tard le 15 Novembre 20 20 à l’adresse email suivante : [email protected] avec comme objet : « Deputy Chief of Party du projet MGD/FFE4 ».
NB : Toute candidature ne comportant pas l’objet susmentionné ne sera pas considérée. Seules les personnes retenues pour des tests seront contactées .
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées.
« Le CRS met un accent particulier sur les valeurs familiales, y compris les congés de maternité et de paternité, les politiques qui favorisent l'allaitement maternel exclusif, la disponibilité d'une crèche au bureau et le travail selon les heures flexibles dans la mesure du possible ».
En postulant à cet emploi, je comprends et reconnais que CRS exige de son personnel : qu'il traite toutes les personnes avec dignité et respect et qu'il prévienne activement le harcèlement, la maltraitance, l'exploitation et le trafic d'êtres humains. De plus, je comprends que si je suis un candidat retenu, je serai soumis à une vérification approfondie des antécédents et que mes références personnelles/ professionnelles seront utilisées pour évaluer mes comportements liés aux sujets susmentionnés relatifs à la protection.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE DE CRS
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party I – USDA McGovern Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition
Job Location: Bamako, Mali
Department : Program
Job Type: Full Time,
Reports to: Chief of Party – USDA McGovern Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition
Salary Grade: 10
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for a USDA McGovern Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Project in Mali. The project is planned for November 2020 – September 2025 and aims to improve literacy, reduce hunger and improve nutrition among pre-school and primary school-age students, especially girls. The current McGovern Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition (MGD/FFE) project -JIGIYA (2020-2025) will cover 81,689 students in 267 primary schools and 2,972 children of 43 CDPE. The project is in its fourth phase and will focus on behavioral changes and outcomes sustainability. The project will also be implemented in a fragile and over changing context, with intercommunity conflict. As Deputy Chief of Party, you will oversee the technical side of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable while supervising a project team of three. Your management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and reporting to the donor. In addition, you will oversee the integration of the social cohesion component in all aspects of the project implementation. You will link and liaise with resources inside and outside of CRS to ensure that the various sector leads integrate relevant social behavior change (SBC) activities into their work. As a senior leader you will contribute to proactively managing security and mitigating security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage technical aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the MGD-FFE project. Serve as a point of contact on area of responsibility to USDA as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders, when needed.
- Manage key function of the project to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget. Contribute to ensuring coordination between program and operations leads. Contribute to ensuring the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage the integration social cohesion in all project components.
- Liaise with relevant CRS TA to ensure that SBC considerations are developed and applied to the relevant project sectors.
- Effectively review and consolidate technical reports from CRS staff and partners to ensure timely submission of qualitative performance reports to USDA
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Help ensure compliance with USDA grants, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USDA.
- Maintain relationships with key staffs of consortium partner organizations in regard to area of responsibility. Contribute to coordination of the roles and activities of staff from other consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Support the MEAL and project technical staff in the development of project Communication Strategy for Behavioral Change (CCC) for all sectors of the MGD project.
- Provide guidance and training to partners on communication activities for behavioral change in their respective districts as well as the integration of social cohesion.
- Provide guidance to direct reports (SILC/community engagement, school canteen and nutrition, Health/WASH) in the design of tools to facilitate, track and collect data throughout the project implementation process for effective capitalization and disseminating best practices.
- Participate in the organization of project visibility and experience sharing events.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning for direct reports. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area.
- 5 years’ relevant management and technical experience.
- 3 years’ experience managing donor funds. Knowledge and experience in budget management and technical reporting to donors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French required. Knowledge and proficiency in local Malian languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel on field missions up to 25% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Very good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Recognized technical experience and qualifications in Education, and more specifically School Feeding.
- Relevant experience in social cohesion dynamics and approach. Working experience in a fragile and insecure context is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of functions of complex, multi-activity projects.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
SILC & Community Engagement Project Manager, School Canteen & Nutrition Project Manager, Health & WASH Officer
Key Working Relationships:
Internal : Country Representative, Head of Programming, Head of Operations, Security Manager, Partnership & Sustainability PM, Project MEAL Manager, project Grants Manager, Manager, Administration and Human Resources Managers, Supply Chain & LRP Manager, Deputy Head of programming, Finance Manager, SBC RTA, relevant sector TAs
External : Government of Mali officials in Ministries of Education, Health and Agriculture, and decentralized structures, local and international implementing partner organizations, project consultants, and WFP.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer