World Vision Mali recruits for the following position (1):
TITLE : Child Protection and Safeguarding Specialist in Emergency
Locality : Sevare
Contrat Type : Local
Repport to : Response Manager
Supervise : None
World Vision does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
World Vision does not concern itself with information on bank accounts .
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply for.
Purpose of position:
Lead in developing and implementing a comprehensive advocacy framework that contributes to sustainable Child Well Being and Our Promise strategy in supporting the region in its pursuit of being a child and adult beneficiary-safe organization, building safeguarding partners in line with Partnership policies and guidelines as well as international industry standards in safeguarding
Advocacy Co-ordination/Integration- Internal
- Provide management and coordination within the Response for the successful implementation of the It Takes a World (ITAW) Campaign, Advocacy in Humanitarian Emergencies.
- Support capacity development of response staff to engage and influence policymakers at the national level
- Leverage and Build partnerships and strategic alliances with the humanitarian community, specialized and peer agencies and Civil Society Organizations, Government and donors to scale advocacy for improved protection, services and programs for children affected by the humanitarian crisis of Mali
- Represent WV Mali in dialogue with external stakeholders on core humanitarian concerns requiring advocacy engagement, including issues of child protection, protection of civilians, humanitarian access, IHL, humanitarian principles, and community engagement.
- Ensure Advocacy is taking into account in proposals and Concept notes
Capacity enhancement in advocacy for Justice
- Develop best advocacy practice in the response areas through supporting Knowledge management products
- Oversee the replication of emerging good practices emanating from the response
- Formulate and implement the Response Advocacy capacity enhancement strategy – identifying and providing relevant capacity enhancement opportunities for both advocacy and non-advocacy personnel.
Leading Key Advocacy Moments
- Provide empowering and influential leadership in the following manner:
- Equip response with tools for effectively launching or carrying out advocacy initiatives
- Support response in the development of an advocacy agenda setting for influencing
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring and evaluating impact of the internal and external attitudes and values regarding the subject of Violence Against Children
- Collaborate with Communications to bring visibility to the advocacy initiatives
DEFINE SAFEGUARDING STANDARDS, SHARE BEST PRACTICES & ASSETS
- Define and provide Safeguarding standards, project models, methodologies, tools and knowledge repositories for the NOs in the region
- Identify, disseminate and institutionalize common best practices and assets in safeguarding related to preventing child and adult beneficiary abuse and exploitation
- Monitor global and local trends in safeguarding and identify and promote the adoption of new tools, solutions and assets and to enhance the quality of safeguarding prevention and response
- Support Response offices with tools to ensure Community Complaints mechanisms exist in 100% of all APs and operational zones
- Support FOs with tools to ensure all staff and persons affiliated with WV have a good understanding of how to prevent and respond to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of Adult Beneficiaries by humanitarian workers
- Collaborate with P&C, F&D, Risk Management and other stakeholders to promote a culture of accountability, truth telling and transparency internally within the organization where all staff and affiliates protect children and adult beneficiaries from abuse, exploitation and violence
- Continually update the WAR Leadership Team, the WARO Integrated Risk Management Committee on issues related to current thinking and standards of practice to ensure these areas are incorporated in program planning and implementation
- Monitor full compliance of RO & NOs with the partnership Safeguarding Standards & Policies.
- Monitor the timely, objective, accurate and reliable information reporting from NOs on safeguarding incidents & policy compliance
- Actively participate in virtual and F2F global child protection and safeguarding meetings to keep abreast of new development to enable quick and immediate modifications in SFG practices in West Africa
Critical Success Factors
Effectiveness of the Advocacy, campaigns and Safeguarding Advisor will be measured by:
- Evidence of effective integration of advocacy in NO strategies and implementation
- Evidence of support by WAR leadership that shows improved awareness, sensitivity and practice of advocacy and Safeguarding by the leadership of WV
- Evidence of effective interface with NOs, ADPs and communities (that is, face the customer)
- Evidence of applied learning on advocacy and Safeguarding across all areas of work
- Resource mobilization effectiveness
- Knowledge transfer to NOs and enhanced quality of technical support to NOs
- Evidence-based impact of policy influence around Our Promise 2030 Targets and CWBTs
- Innovation and creativity in delivery and towards program quality improvement
- Improved integration and coordination with NO activities
- Establishment of extensive value-added linkages and networks
- Governments/duty bearer responsiveness to community demands
- Existence of pro-child systems and structures at various levels
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Masters degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Public Policy, Development Studies or related area
At least 5 years relevant working experience in the development sector. Governance is preferred.
In addition the following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-job training:
- Experience working in child protection: including child protection program design, implementation and monitoring; staff training and coaching.
- Experience of developing and managing the implementation of Rights Based approaches.
- Experience of managing empowering partnerships and other relationships.
- Experienced in managing research projects and documentation
- Sound knowledge of sectors-WASH, Health/Nutrition, Education, and how to influence the related policies
- Experience in managing national and international campaigns.
Advocacy and Policy Work
-The appointee will have significant experience with working in multi-NGO environment and in coalitions on policy issues in relation to poverty eradication, complex humanitarian emergencies and governance.
-The appointee will be articulate both verbally and in writing, including the provision of policy analysis.
-The appointee will have the ability to work with and guide consultants in research and policy analysis.
-The appointee will have a minimum of 5 years practical experience in advocacy practice and influencing policy at national and regional levels.
-Ability to maintain good relations and work effectively with other members of the Global Advocacy & Justice Team, global Child Protection/participation and Safeguarding teams as well as Regional Operations Team to ensure that World Vision presents a professional and efficient point of contact to regional institutions.
-Ability to maintain awareness of the activities of other members of the team to enable mutual support during times of high pressure activity.
-Ability to participate in and provide leadership to a virtual cross-functional Regional Team to ensure an integrated ministry approach.
-Ability and willingness to undertake any other activities designated by the Regional Leader that might be necessary for the efficient and effective performance by the team of its duties.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
-Attend and participate in team building initiatives organized by the organization
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment : Office-based with frequent travel to the field, ability to work with large diversity of individuals and groups in rural and remote areas with diverse culture and believes.
- Travel : 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call : Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones
Attitudes and Behaviors :
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
* Deadline for submission of applications: December 27 th , 2020
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.