POSITION TITLE: Regional Program Officer Kayes , Mali Girls’ Leadership and Empowerment (GLEE) Project
LOCATION: Kayes, Mali
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chef of Party
Position Summary: The Regional Program Officer will be primarily responsible for effectively delivering all aspects the Girls’ Leadership and Empowerment though Education, GLEE project in the region of Kayes. He/She will represent the program in the region and ensures Winronck mission, vision and values are understaood by all stakelholders. The project goal is to increase access to education for adolescent girls (10 – 18 years) in two target regions, Kayes and Mopti, in Mali. The project will seek to achieve this goal through the following three objectives: 1) decrease key barriers of adolescent girls to access quality education, 2) improve safety of adolescent girls in schools and their communities, and 3) increase knowledge and adoption of positive health behaviors among adolescent girls. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Regional Program Officer will work closely with the program team and will be primarily responsible for ensuring delivery of all GLEE activities and achievement of the project objectives in the region; liaising with implenting partners, local government and other education and health stakehoders, propomoting girls empowerment activties. The Regional Program officer, in addition to managing the suboffice and linemanaging related staff, will also analyze the regional context to provide security updates and contribute to the security plan. Specific activities include:
- Ensure proper implementation and complienece of project activities and achievement of results in the reguion,
- Represent GLEE project and liaise with local government, education and health clusters and other stakeholders as appropriate,
- Closely work with the implementing body in the region to ensre proer deleery of project actitities,
- Plan and conduct timely monitoring visits to partners communities and/or schools,
- Plan and conduct capacity building trainings for partners and staff,
- Contributing to the community mobilisation plan toward the project objectives,
- Analyse regional context and provide timely security brifings,
- Contribute to building the office security plan,
- Attend meetings at regional level and speeck on behalth of GLEE as appropriate,
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with the project branding and marking plan.
- Line manage field staff and ensure Winrkrock values are understood and abided by all,
- Ensure the organization procedures are
- Contribute to generating program reports and other documents as requested by the DCOP, COP, or USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a fluent in French and proficient in English with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Minimum three years experienceat a similar position
- Must be proactive and able to work effectively, independently and as a member of team
- Experience managing developing success stories, press releases, and grants highly desired
- Must have strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
Education: Bachelor’s level degree preferred in education, project management communication, gender studies, international development, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting girls’ education, gender based violence, adolescent reproductive health, gender integration and/or women’s empowerment.
- Experience providing support to formal and informal education programs, leadership trainings, and local organization capacity building.
- Knowledge of US Government regulations, policies, and procedures or those of an equivalently complex international government funding organization.
- Knowledge of USAID.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Familiarity and/or work experience in the two target regions, Kayes and Mopti, is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Any authorized individual with the required skills and interested in this position, can send a CV and a cover letter no later than February 16, 2021 at 17H00 to the email address : [email protected]